Posting Date: November 2017
Start Date: December 2017
Position: Research Analyst Intern
Employer: Common Sense Policy Roundtable
CSPR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit free-enterprise think tank, dedicated to developing deep insights into critical policy issues facing the state of Colorado. With a strong emphasis on understanding the full economic and fiscal ramifications of policy choices, the Research Analyst will be responsible for supporting the research developed by CSPR.
- Background research into policy issues
- Data assembly necessary to run macroeconomic simulation models
- Support writing and editing of reports
- Preparation of formatted presentations
- Critical thinker – Can you make logical arguments regarding impacts of policy changes?
- Problem solver – Can you come up with creative solutions to data roadblocks?
- Good communicator – Are you able to articulate the crucial points needed to understand the impacts of the policy change in a clear and cohesive manner?
- Team oriented – Do you enjoy working closely with others, in a small office, sharing information and insights?
Masters or PhD level student preferred, but strong undergraduates will be considered. Studying in area of economics or public policy. Specialized focus on state budget issues, such as; education, energy, urban planning, with interest in economic impacts of public policy.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and a letter of reference to Chris Brown, Director of Policy and Research, email@example.com. No phone calls please.